Jörg Ebeling, 04/10/2019 10:14 PM
An LDAP to CardDav (1 way read) Phone-book Gateway for modern (business) phones.
## Use case
Most modern (business) voice phones have the capability to do comfortable LDAP directory look-up like:
- Directory search by alphabet letters
- Reverse lookup for inbound calls
- Reverse lookup by entering parts or the phone number
Unfortunately, most of the 'smaller' companies (i guess companies beyond 100 employee) don't have an 'enterprise' LDAP directory, much less than private persons.
Most of such companies do have something like a cloud address-book, often based on WebDAV / CardDAV (i.e. Nextcloud, Ownlcoud, ...).
This is, where this gateway might make your live easier (hopefully).
If this program get started on some kind of hardware (Windows, Mac, Linux), it will do the following:
1. Answer on LDAP requests from your voice phone(s)
2. Ask your CardDAV (Nextcloud, Owncloud, ...) Server for the LDAP requested phone-book entry
3. Response with the matching CardDAV contacts, as LDAP results to your phone.
- Query your CardDAV address book(s) by entering the alphabetic letters (or parts of the telephone number) in your (LDAP capable) phone (and dial one of the matching numbers).
- Reverse lookup inbound calls and display matching contact informations on the phone.
- Work with human formatted (non- E.164) CardDAV entered phone numbers like: '040-123456' or '001 807 1234567' as well as '+49 (0)40 1234567-8'.
- Reverse lookup of phone numbers, depend on a tiny caching layer and thus a (configurable) sync interval.
p(. Please check the [[Readme_060|Readme]] for detailed instructions.
### License (tl;dr)
- Closed source, binaries only
- No warranty for anything
- No liability for anything
- Free but limited use for anybody (limited to approximately 12 requests per hour)
- Commercial variant (with much higher limits) might follow (depend of usability, compatibility, stability, performance and interest)
p((. [[License|License - EULA]]
p((. [[License_3rd_Party|3rd Party Licenses (acknowledgment)]]
p((. [[Datenschutzerklärung_EU-DSGVO|Datenschutzerklärung "EU-DSGVO" (German)]]